After an Acqucision it is importance to understand the work for it takes to extract value during the integration process. Understanding that the profit and value in acquisitions is often in efficiencies isn’t necessarily sexy or easy but it is straightforward to obtain. With good dates and clear vision the integration work will get done, cultures will blend and you can begin deeper strategy engagement to make the most of your newly combined service lines.
Some questions to consider as a founder/CEO as you move to integrate your newly acquired business:
- What culture will be dominant in design?
- What NEW leadership and stewardship traits will you need?
- What efficiency goals and governance will you put in place first?
- How do you identify and retain key talent in the new company?
- How do you enable the teams to take on change whilst staying focused on revenue goals?