Post-Acquisition Change Management
After an Acquisition it is importance to understand the work for it takes to extract value during the integration process. Understanding that the profit and value in acquisitions is often in efficiencies isn’t necessarily sexy or easy but it is straightforward to obtain. With good dates and clear vision the integration work will get done, cultures will blend and you can begin deeper strategy engagement to make the most of your newly combined service lines.
Some questions to consider as a founder/CEO as you move to integrate your newly acquired business:
- What culture will be dominant in design?
- What NEW leadership and stewardship traits will you need?
- What efficiency goals and governance will you put in place first?
- How do you identify and retain key talent in the new company?
- How do you enable the teams to take on change whilst staying focused on revenue goals?
I was thrilled to be invited by Eric J Scroggins PhD, esteemed business partner, leadership coach and author to join him on his webcast series – Tuesday Takeaway. Eric and I had a great conversation around Marketing and specifically branding for business. Please enjoy and as always let us know if you have any questions! – Alie Berggren